To donate eyes, the relatives of the deceased should do the following procedures
- Close the eyelids of the deceased
- Switch off the fan
- Raise the head of the deceased slightly by placing a pillow underneath
- Contact the nearest eye bank as quickly as possible.
- Give the correct address with specific landmarks and telephone number to enable the eye bank team locate the place easily
- If the death certificate from the physician is available, keep it ready
- Eye donation can be done only with the written consent of the next of kin in the presence of two witnesses
For more information visit www.ebai.org
or any of the other eye banks. You could also call 1919
toll free across the country to get information.